Saturday 21 September 2013

#sbbc Day 21 Advice

Hhmm, blogging advice. I may not be a great person to give out blogging advice, I don't have a blog that everyone knows about or that has hundreds or thousands of followers, then again, maybe that makes me a good person to give out advice because when you blog you should be doing it for you.
Blog because it's something you enjoy. Of course you will want other people to read and comment on your posts, but don't get too hung up on it. If you blog purely because you want everyone to know your blog,to get free products sent to you,etc. then you're just setting yourself up for failure. In my opinion, the best blogs and the ones I choose to read most regularly are the blogs where you can tell that the person writing has a genuine interest and enthusiasm for their chosen blogging topic, whatever it may be. A blog written purely as a business venture is not something I would want to read.
Another piece of blogging advice I would give,which I guess ties in to what I've just said, would be to get involved in the blogging community yourself. If you're overly concerned with follower numbers,comments or post stats, then you're going to miss out on the fun parts. The Twitter chats and banter,join in and have fun. Read other people's blogs and comment on them without the hope or expectation of people following or commenting back. Be part of the community purely because it's a fun place to be.
Basically, don't ruin your own blogging experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment