Saturday 24 August 2013

Tan fan! Cocoa Brown Review.

Recently I finally decided I was sick of being pale, I wanted a tan! I decided to try using a tan I've heard people raving about... Cocoa Brown Tan. I have heard and read so many great reviews of this tan over the last few months that I felt like the last Irish woman to try it.
I rarely use fake tan, I was always fine with being ghostly white, until recently. I have, also, never been a fan of fake tan as I've seen people where it has just gone horribly wrong, people with orange limbs and white hands. However, due to the good reviews I've read of Cocoa Brown Tan I decided to give it a go and now, a week later, I understand why everyone has been raving about it. Consider me a convert!
Firstly, I really liked the actual bottle, it's pretty and pink and looks good on my dresser with all my other various beauty products. It also has a very cute "happy tanning" note.



I was also a fan of the price. I purchased my bottle of Cocoa Brown in Penneys/Primark for €6.90, which I found very reasonable!
The bottle gives little bits of advice on how to apply,what to do in the days leading up to using the product, such as exfoliating and moisturising. 

I was a tad nervous when I went to apply the tan for the first time,as I am with any tan I've ever used. I was afraid I'd apply it unevenly and up with streaky skin. However, I realised straight away  this was not going to be an issue as the mousse is brown and you can see exactly where you are applying it!
I applied the tan, waited slightly over an hour and then hopped in the shower to was it off. I should note that I wasn't desperately waiting for the hour to pass to wash it off as I have been in the past with other fake tans as this one actually smelled quite pleasant. Hurrah! No fake tan stench.
After showering and washing off the mousse I had applied earlier I was quite happy with the initial results, I had a nice healthy glow. The bottle did say the tan would keep developing so I waited until the next morning to see the final results. The next morning I woke to see that the tan had developed more, it was still a lovely natural glow but was darker than the previous night. 

Pre tan...
Just after showering..Mid tan..

Final result...

I feel like photos don't do this tan justice.It is so natural and doesn't even look like a fake tan when it's applied.Several days after using this tan I still had a lovely glow,it is certainly durable. After a day at an outdoor concert where I initially got caught in a downpour that soaked me to the bone, then going on holidays for a few days where I was sweating in the sunshine and paddling in the sea water, the tan still held on and my lovely glow survived!
Overall I have to say, I love this product! In fact I puffy heart it! I would recommend it to anyone. It's simple to apply, gives great results, and is very affordable. You simply can't go wrong !

4 comments:

  1. Think I might try this!! I have a natural tan at the moment but in the winter I definitely need some colour :) x

    soph2381.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this tan is so natural looking, I'd recommend it to anyone.

      Delete
    2. How dark is your skin? do they do different shades ? x

      Delete
    3. it's just one shade but you can have it lighter or darker depending on how long you leave it on. I leave it on for just over an hour and I feel quite tanned, but then I am naturally very pale. I like this tan cos the tan looks quite natural but still dark enough that I'd wear it on a night out.

      Delete