Wednesday 18 September 2013

Day 18- Desert Island Items

Today's topic is the 10 items you would have if you were stranded on a desert island. I've decided to think if this quite literally, what beauty items would I need on a glorious hot desert island. To be honest , the thought of being stranded on an island, with a white sandy beach, sounds pretty appealing, with the right supplies of course.


1. Moisturiser. If I'm on a desert island I figure my skin could get a bit dry so moisturiser would be a must (I'm going to just assume there's an endless supply if sunscreen on this desert island). My favourite moisturisers are Palmers cocoa butter formula(for body) and Benefit total moisturiser (for face). Both make my skin feel great, soak in quickly and are not at all greasy. 'Nuff said

2. Foundation. Granted I'm on a desert island but that's no excuse to look bad, what if a hottie happens to get shipwrecked onto my island? Girls gotta look her best. I'm currently on the search for a new foundation but for now I'll take my old faithful Rimmel 25hr foundation. I've worn it in hot climates before and found it lasts well
.
3. Eyeshadow. I love eyeshadow and eye makeup in general ( preparing you for items 4 and 5). I would probably have to have a Rimmel quatro  eyeshadow with brown and golds so I could do some natural looking makeup and a darker smokey eye if I wanted. Hey , I'm on a desert island I'll probably need around and do a million different eye looks, gotta keep occupied.

4. Mascara. Always necessary. I can think of very few situations in life where I would willingly have naked eyelashes. One of my favourites is Dior Show mascara.

5. Eyeliner. Ok,so maybe it's not completely necessary but I think I would need eyeliner on a desert island. A night time eye look requires eyeliner! On this island night will fall,it's unavoidable, so therefore I need my nighttime eye look. Also, what if the hottie from no#2 is there, eyeliner automatically adds sexiness to a look...... Care to share a coconut Mr island hottie??

6. Bronzer. I'll need a bronzer, my skin is not going to look bronzed and beautiful no matter how long I'm on this desert island. My delightfully Irish skin simply does not tan. Ever. A favourite of mine is Boots No 7 Glow bronzer.

7. Lip gloss. Again I'll stick with my trusty favorite. Gosh no#64 (wish they used names rather than numbers). I discovered this lip gloss a year or so ago when I was looking for something that made a bit of an impact without being too scary to wear. I tried this one and loved it so much I bought 2 more tubes of it when I saw it on sale. It never lets me down, I simply love it.

8.Makeup remover. (unfortunately missing from the picture as I realised I'm all out of my favourite cleansing lotion!Trip to Boots tomorrow!) Ok so at times I will want to have a makeup free face, for this I'll stick with my Boots Cucumber Cleansing Lotion. It's simple does the job,doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Happy days.

9. Vaseline lip balm. Surely nearly everyone has owned this lip balm at some point. It's a classic, I've used it for years and still find it great.

10. Lastly, the least glamorous but possibly most necessary...deodorant. I find Garnier Mineral Invisible 48hrs to be very good and long lasting.

So, I have to know what would everyone else take with them on their desert island?

Also,just in case anyone's curious, my imaginary desert island hottie would probably look something like this...

4 comments:

  1. Mm I like that last addition there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Palmers Cocoa butter is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's one of my most favourite things ever!

      Delete