Monday 2 September 2013

#SBBC Day 2: Favourite Jewellery

Day 2 of #SBBC and, to be honest, this will probably be the easiest post for me. When I saw one of the suggested topics for day 2 was "favourite jewellery" I knew immediately what I would write about.To be honest I could have blogged about the same thing for one of tomorrow's topics "sentimental item".
When I was about 13 years old, not certain of the exact age but somewhere between 13 - 15, my Mom went on a trip to Lourdes and returned with a name necklace as a gift for me. I loved it then and I love it now! I always complained that there was never anything available with my name,jewellery, mugs,pens..nothing had the name Colette on it! So, obviously, I love, love, loved my necklace.

 I still wear it quite regularly and I often wear it with another necklace...

Obviously, my name isn't Ann, my middle name isn't even Ann, but it is my Mom's name and when she bought me my name necklace she also bought herself one. After she passed away in 2001 I took this necklace of hers and I quite like to wear it along with mine, maybe it sounds silly but I find it quite nice to wear the two together. I guess both necklaces have great sentimental value to me now and I almost feel a nice security when I wear both of them,I feel safer. That may sound silly but it's true.

So there it is, my favourite piece of jewellery. It's been my favourite piece for years and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and thanks for sharing it with us x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely. I love sentimental pieces of jewellery and I know exactly what you mean about feeling safer when you wear it. Great post! x

    ReplyDelete