Tuesday 3 September 2013

#SBBC Day 3: What you bring when travelling

When I travel with a suitcase that I can check in I pack more stuff that I will ever use while I'm away. However,if it's a short journey and I have to fit everything in to a carry on and can only carry liquids  that are 100 mls or less, I have to be ruthless and only pack the essentials!
Firstly I obviously pack my makeup, I never leave the house without makeup on so it's top of any packing list. When I can only carry a limited amount I make sure I have the essentials... foundation,mascara,eyeshadow, eyeliner,eyebrow pencil,blusher,bronzer,lip gloss. Once I have those I know I'll be ok. I generally just take neutral colours so that I don't have to match up any makeup look to any outfit.This is just an idea of what I took on my last trip

Along with my makeup I obviously pack toothpaste, deodorant & perfume. Generally with perfume I'll pack the smallest bottle I have or ideally I'll take any perfume samples I have. When you're packing for a trip with just a carry on ever centimetre of space matters!
If I have to pack shampoo and conditioner I pick up some travel size bottles in Penneys/Primark , they are only €1.50/2 and I find them so useful! I fill these bottles with my own shampoo and conditioner from home. I also fill one of these bottles with my makeup remover.
When I write it all down it seems like so much! Am I high maintenance?? What does everyone else take with them when they travel? What are your essentials?

2 comments:

  1. Gosh you're not high maintenance at all! Compared with my list you're very diplomatic with your choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha,thanks. I do think I'm getting better at being ruthless and packing only what's necessary. Unless I'm taking a suitcase or driving somewhere,then it's a free for all.

      Delete