Saturday 28 September 2013

#sbbc Day 28 What was I thinking/ Where do you see yourself in 5/10/15 years

I like the suggested topics for today's #sbbc challenge so I've decided to talk a little about both.

Firstly, when I look back there are so many memories I have of things I've worn that make me say "what was I thinking?!". However, luckily there isn't much photographic evidence of this since I was fortunate enough to be a teenager and make all my terrible fashion and beauty choices before Facebook/Twitter/Instagram came along. Seriously, it must be so much harder to be a teenager now with social media broadcasting everything you do,say, and wear. Anyway, I made many terrible choices,as I'm sure we all did. I remember being obsessed with a pair of bright blue flared trousers that I wore far too often. I also wore wide legged jeans that were beyond wide,seriously, each jean leg was wide enough that I could have easily made about 3 pairs of regular jeans from all the material. Beauty mistakes include wearing far too much eyeliner (panda eyes much), wearing powder that made me look deathly pale, ands experimenting with a variety of different eyeshadows which may have looked ok if applied properly but, alas, I simply swiped them across my eyelids and thought they were fabulous!

Enough about my past mistakes,now to look forward. Where do I see myself in 5/10/15 years? Honestly, I don't know. I often wonder if everyone else has a clear path of exactly what they want to achieve and who they want to be and I'm the only one who hasn't got it figured it out yet. I'm 29 years old an I'm still figuring out what I want to be when I grow up, but, really , I think that's ok. I feel I've grown and changed so much in the last 10 years that surely I can't predict who I'll be in 10 years from now. I think that we constantly evolve and change, our experiences change us, the people we meet change us,they become a part of our present and our future. For me not knowing exactly what the future holds is part of the fun.

When I think of my future self the only thing that comes to mind for me is that I want to be happy. If I'm happy then surely all the other things have sorted themselves out and at the end of the day surely being happy and content is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment